Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stairmaster and Lounge Chair

Been thinking about that "Stairmaster and Lounge Chair" sermon from Sunday. I've been there...stepping up and down....and beating myself up for each mistake and poor decision I made in the past. I mean from even years ago. Just where the enemy likes you, beating yourself up, feeling unworthy, not feeling loved unconditionally. We wear that stuff like a old coat, trudging up and down on the steps, with that itchy, scatchy old material rubbing on our hearts.

Like Michael said the best part is GETTING OFF!

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5

Be assured no one--man, woman or child--says "I love you" with more certainty than the Lord.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9

You know I don't know why I got on that Stairmaster, I really don't like to exercise, and keep that lounge chair away from me, I have enough issues. :-)

What thoughts did you have?
Denise

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That's such an easy trap to fall into. "God won't bless me because I'm not good enough"-but NONE of us are good enough. I have been there as well, and on occasion, my mind will still "go there". Thankfully we have grace to cover it all.