"I'll get to it--when I get a chance."
There are some projects that you can just whip right through. And then there are those projects that just drag and drag....do you know what I mean? Those are the things we say "I'll get to it--when I get a chance."
You know what that means, don't you? You'll never get to it!
Here are some simple ways to kick the procrastination habit and start getting some things done.
1. BREAK IT DOWN. While it may seem overwhelming, don't look at everything as one big project. Break it down into small projects.
2. ASSIGN A SPECIFIC DEADLINE (date and time) for each small project.
3. WRITE DOWN what your small projects and deadlines are. It is a great source of accomplishment when you can cross off something! It also will motivate you to continue on!
4. TELL SOMEONE. Tell a friend or loved one. Discuss decisions with others if you need to. Sometimes when you talk with others, that is all the motivation you need to get started.
5. PLAN SOME SORT OF CELEBRATION for when you have accomplished your goals. It doesn't have to be a lot. You may find that having the project done is celebration enough!
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going." Ecclesiastes 9:10
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment